Saturday, July 8, 2017

Journey to the Self - Travelling and throwing baggage on the road

Part 1: Travelling and throwing baggage on the road

Up at 8:00 am today with renewed spirit to attend Sunday worship.

Been on the road almost the whole day yesterday. Left home at 4:00 am and arrived home at past 11 pm. Went to Quirino province with my husband, younger brother and husband's nephew.

We went to visit our sick father who is now 81 years old. The father my brother and I did not have in our growing years. He had a second family with four siblings there.
It was quite a long trip with real convo with my brother, no fights, no arguments. On the way going to our destination we talked about our experiences, we reminisced our childhood and to what we are now. Surprisingly, I no longer feel the pain I used to have before.

Before going to our father we had a quick stop-over to my son-in-law's aunt at Maddela to pick up a rocking chair for my mother- in-Iaw. The conversation continued there and was shared to my son-in-law's aunt. I even expressed that it would be better and I would be happier if our father would not recognize me.

My wish was granted. My brother first approached my father and he recognized him. He told my brother that he was expecting and waiting for me too. My brother asked him to identify me. He looked at me and told my brother "asawa mo ba siya?" Many times and many clues yet he really didn't recognize me until his wife told him that it's me. He then looked at me and begin to realize and recognize.

The usual visit to a sick person. Bigay ng pasalubong, kumustahan, listening to their hinaings, payuhan on what to do on this, on that...

Parting time was difficult and hardest for my father, that's the time he started to cry...

On our way back home the convo continued, became deeper with lots of testimonies shared. As we travel we threw our heart's burdens and biggest baggage on the road...

to be continued... 

(got to prepare for Sunday worship)





No comments:

Post a Comment